Over the years, the staff of Shelton & Company, CPAs, P.C. have participated in publishing articles releveant to the Construction Industry. From choosing a CPA for your Company, to how to handle indirect costs of contracts, we have provided informative perspectives on what we, as a specialized accounting firm, see and deal with regularly among our clients. For more information on the articles listed below, please feel free to contact us.
- Choosing a CPA is an important step to make in the everyday running of your business. Are they knowledgable in your field of buisness? Do they have the tools and expertise to understand and provide you with informed recommendations on the financial decisions you need to make?
Choosing a CPA For Your Construction Company
- Should you combine several contracts into one for in order to comply with accounting regulations.
Combining Or Segmenting Contracts
- Have you ever wondered what your business is worth? Are you looking to sell your business or setup estate planning for when your retire? Then perhaps a Business Valuation is what you need.
Construction Company Valuation Primer
- Have you over estimated gross profit on projects? Then you may have paid too much tax in a particular year. You could have thousands of dollars of refunds waiting for you.
Do You Look-Back? IRS Form 8697 And The Look-Back Method
- Instead of installing an ESOP with one transaction, several transactions could allow your construction company to install an ESOP and not harm your bonding capacity.
ESOPS: A Different Purchasing Implementation Approach For Contractors
- What is indirect costs and how should I account for it?
Indirect Costs of Contracts
- Do you know what working capital is and why you need it? Do you know how to increase your working capital?
Working Capital And The Construction Industry